"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul." - Edgar Allan Poe

Monday, September 5, 2016




The summer has flown by with lots of company and good times.    It was too hot to paint outdoors in August so I went into my blessedly air conditioned studio and got the juices flowing painting my summer flowers.  I’ve been inspired by my garden this year and admire the struggle that flowers put up to survive the heat and humidity, and was pleased I still had some beauties growing there throughout the season.
My favorite time in the garden is late spring when the first flush of roses bloom along with the daisies and lupines, not to forget my peonies.  So, although I don’t often paint flowers I decided it was a good time to get to get to work and paint some more.  Below are the new flower works along with some of my old favorites.  Enjoy!

                                                                             


  


                         

No comments: