"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul." - Edgar Allan Poe

Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's been a  long time since my last post and I've been lucky enough to do some wonderful traveling. Two weeks in China, 900 photos and some sketches, so hopefully I will be posting some China paintings this Fall.

Good news... I just found out that I Won 3rd Place Watercolor in the Duxbury Art Association Summer Show for "Waiting in the Wings".  A painting done from a photograph of a very dear friend's grandaughter that I just had to paint!

1 comment:

Lisa Daria said...

The posture/gesture you've gotten here is delightful. Watercolor is so hard, I am so impressed by the light coming through the bottom of the tutu and the flesh tones you've created.