"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul." - Edgar Allan Poe

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Road to Amsterdam

Hey everyone! Had to post this painting again and tell you that it just received an "Honorable Mention" at the Art Complex Museum, Duxbury, Ma. in the DAA 2012 Winter Juried Show.... first time I've shown this one and I hope it'll continue to do well.... keep your fingers crossed!


4 comments:

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Congratulations Maureen..What a honor...I miss not seeing the DAA this year..sounds like a beautiful show.I think an artist can switch mediums around..it is more about the expression...

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...

Hi Maureen,

Thanks so much for your feedback on my FB fanpage! Great blog you have here and i see you're a children's book illustrator as well. I too love the field and have a whole website and blog about it but never had any lucking breaking in. Doing better with fine art thank God! Anyway, congratulations on the honorable mention, well done.

Maureen Brookfield said...

Thanks for your comment, Page. The show was a great show this year, and I agree with your view on mediums... it's fun and keeps me fresh when I feel a bit stale:)
Giselle... thanks for your interest and comments. I just took a look at your blogs and joined. I like the animated facial expressions you capture on your illustration blog. My books came about unsolicited (very lucky). I'm hoping to do more and keep plugging away. So Keep it up as you never know when something will come out of the woodwork.

M.F.Bruno said...

This is a stunning piece, Maureen. Well deserved award. Enjoyed seeing it at the Duxbury Art Complex.